Sunday, June 21, 2009

Duluth

This was the big race weekend for us and the Amott family. Ainsley, Kenzie and Lizzie ran the whipper snapper races for kids Friday afternoon. Then Ande and I ran the William A. Irvin 5K that evening. Bart and Rob ran the Garry Bjorklund 1/2 marathon Saturday morning. Everyone survived and did well.
Before the race.


Getting ready to run.

All winners!
Ande & I before our race.

Racing to the finish line.


The kids cheered us on.


Greeting the family after the race.

Ande has run alot of races. Since this was my first she wanted to run with me the whole way. (She's a great friend!) She encouraged and paced us the whole way. I ran the 3.2 miles in 33 minutes and 18 seconds. Ande got in 1 second before me. I was really proud of my time. I just wanted to do better than 40 minutes.
Here is Bart at about mile 13 on the 1/2 marathon. Somehow he had enough energy to wave hello to us cheering him on. He did a great job and we're all proud of him!!
I don't know if Rob wants me to post his picture or not but just to mention he ran his best time yet in the 1/2 marathon. Way to go Rob!

5 comments:

Jake and Chelsea said...

congratulations! way to run!!

Amott Family said...

It was a blast!!!

Tamara said...

Way to go!!

Andi said...

Way to go Loni!

Andi said...

Ok, so I didn't read the other comments before making my own. I should've just said "DITTO"!