Fall in Minnesota is beautiful!
I love the cool crisp clean air, the bright yellows and brilliant reds of the leaves, and all of our fun family Fall traditions. I look forward to going to the apple orchard every year. There are plenty if orchards around here to pick from so we decided to try a new one that we had never been to before.
We went east to Fischer's Croix Family Orchard. It's located just outside the quaint little town of Hastings, MN along the St. Croix River.
We LOVED this place. They had goats to pet and feed, a tractor ride, LOTS of delicious apples (we picked Regents and Sweet 16 this year.)
They also had a huge corn maze. We'd never done a corn maze before...just the cutesy little hay bale mazes that you can see exactly where you're going.
So this was quite the experience for us. The kids wanted to split up. Ains & I went together and Bart, Kenz & Summy went together. I was worried about splitting up because I trust Bart's sense of direction better than mine. And I was right. Ainsley & I were in that maze for 45 minutes! While the others found their way out with in 15 minutes. We kept going in circles so we ended up marking our paths so we wouldn't keep going the wrong way.
We finally made it out...alive!
We finally made it out...alive!
After the maze we walked way over to the other side of the farm and found this beautiful spot where we just sat and played in the leaves. It was a perfect spot for some picture taking too.
We set my camera up on our bag of apples and set the self-timer. One of the times Bart was running into the picture he touched the fence that was behind us. We had no idea until then that it was an electric fence!! It shocked Bart which sent a shock through me and Kenzie and into Ainsley. We all screamed and laughed about it. Then Bart went to check if the picture turned out.
We all laughed SO hard! I don't know why I am the only one reacting at that second but we could not stop laughing all day about this picture. What a hoot!
I'm so grateful for my awesome family and for the fun memories we make together.



















2 comments:
Awesome! We love Fischer's. I can't believe you guys got shocked! Ahh, memories!
Cute pictures! I love the leaf angel!
Post a Comment