The numbers: 2 Adults, 1 Grandpa, 3 Children, 6 days, 8 states, 2 countries, 1 Provence, almost 2,000 miles total and about 30 hours total drive time. We came out all unscathed and actually all had a really great time.
Our first day of vacation was spent in Chicago. First, we headed up to the top of the Sears tower. Currently, the tallest building in the U.S.

10,000 people visit the Sears Tower everyday and I am proud to say we were the 1st ones in that day!
After paying $31 for 2 hour parking at the Sears Tower (GEESH! I still can't get over that) we went over to Navy Pier (and payed much less for parking!)

We walked along the pier and ate lunch here. Grandpa treated himself, Bart and the two older girls to a Ferris wheel ride which took 7 1/2 minutes to rotate once. Kenzie kept wanting it to go faster. I ever so politely declined due to my extreme fear of Ferris wheels and my extreme fear of putting a two year old who can't sit still on a Ferris wheel. Summer and I went to get ice-cream instead (I think a much better option!)
The last part of the day was taking a trolly over to Millennium Park and we spent most of our time there admiring the Cloud Gate sculpture.

That about did us all in for that day.
More on our vacation to come later....
14 years ago

2 comments:
Wow! It looks like you had fun, can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip. Emma was really missing Ainsley on Sunday.
It looks like you guys had so much fun! I love the picture of the girls under the ball.
Post a Comment