We just got back from our 2nd annual trip to Duluth with the Amott family to run some races. Ande & I ran a 5K on Friday night then Bart and Rob ran the 1/2 marathon on Saturday morning.
Ande and I just had a goal of finishing the race since we were both dealing with some injuries but lo and behold we finished and even beat our race time from last year by about 2 minutes! We finished the race in 31 minutes and 40 seconds.
Ande totally pushed me to the finish line (not literally...in a good way!) If I'd been running it by myself I'm sure I would've slowed down or even walked a bit but Ande kept us at a good pace the whole way and we didn't stop once. She's a great friend and running buddy! Thanks Ande!
Bart and Rob did excellent too. I'm so proud of Bart for his endurance and dedication to running! Bart ran the 1/2 marathon in 2 hours and 21 minutes! Way to go Bart...I love you!
Last year we stayed at UMD dorm rooms. This year we stayed at the Edgwater Resort that had an indoor waterpark. MUCH better place to stay!! We all loved it! Here are some more pictures from the rest of the weekend.
Ande and I just had a goal of finishing the race since we were both dealing with some injuries but lo and behold we finished and even beat our race time from last year by about 2 minutes! We finished the race in 31 minutes and 40 seconds.
Ande totally pushed me to the finish line (not literally...in a good way!) If I'd been running it by myself I'm sure I would've slowed down or even walked a bit but Ande kept us at a good pace the whole way and we didn't stop once. She's a great friend and running buddy! Thanks Ande!
Bart and Rob did excellent too. I'm so proud of Bart for his endurance and dedication to running! Bart ran the 1/2 marathon in 2 hours and 21 minutes! Way to go Bart...I love you!
Last year we stayed at UMD dorm rooms. This year we stayed at the Edgwater Resort that had an indoor waterpark. MUCH better place to stay!! We all loved it! Here are some more pictures from the rest of the weekend.
This is the before and after shots of our kiddos that ran the kid's whipper snapper races on Friday afternoon. James, Lizzie, Summer & Kenzie each ran in their respective 100 yard dash races then Ainsley ran 1/4 mile race.






2 comments:
Wow, looks like you had a fun, fun trip! Congrats on the the race!!!
What fun!! Nice job Loni and Bart!! That tiki mascot looks a little freaky - kudos to the girls for not screaming and running the other way!
Post a Comment