Monday, June 20, 2011

Duluth 3rd year in a row

We went up to Duluth again for the 3rd year in a row (Bart's 4th year). The kids ran some fun Whipper Snapper races on Friday afternoon.
All the girls: Summer, Kenzie, Lizzie A., Claire & Sohpie G.





Summer with her ribbon from running 100 yards (above)



And Kenzie with hers (below)


Ainsley, Marissa S. & Lizzie A. ran the 1/4 mile.

Yay! They all finished! Summer, Marissa S., Ains, Kenz & Lizzie A.



Ande A., Maria S., Megan G. and I ran a 5K that evening.





Early on Saturday morning we all cheered our husbands on in the 1/2 marathon. They all did really well!






Bart

The rest of Saturday was spent playing at the waterpark inside our hotel. Thank goodness the waterpark was indoors since it was COLD and in the 50's all weekend!



We all ate out at the yummy Duluth Grill which was featured once on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqbGQ6y6emQ





On Sunday just our family went up north a little further to Split Rock Lighthouse. It was another cold drizzley day but we all enjoyed seeing this beautiful historic landmark. On the way back we ate lunch at Betty's Pies. Another local favorite place to eat.
















Going up inside the lighthouse




View of Lake Superior from the window of the lighthouse









3 comments:

Lisa said...

50 degrees in Duluth! I know I shouldn't be surprised. Good job both of you for running!

Jenny said...

I love seeing these photos. Going to Duluth with my family for Grandma's marathon was a tradition for so many years. It was one of the highlights of our year. And if I remember correctly, it was usually chilly! Great job on your races!

Tanya said...

Congrats on both of your races. It looks like you also got to take some time and enjoy Duluth.