Friday, May 9, 2008

SHHHH!


So, Summer and I are driving along in the van on our way to do some serious shoe shopping. I turn the radio on to my favorite station (KS95) and Summer says, "Noooooo" and points to my viser where all the cd's are. I gave her some choices and she lit up when I mentioned The Backyardigans. I thought, "OK, I can handle this." So, I pop that in for her. We start listening to Tasha, Uniqua, Tyrone and the others sing their catchy little songs and I start singing along. Then I hear Summer saying, "Shhhhhhhh." I look back at her and there she is with her finger over her lips shushing me! Hmph. So I wait a little bit and I start singing again (I mean, c'mon it's the Backyardigans!--their songs are catchy!). Lo and behold Summer is shushing me again! This went on about 5 or 6 more times (I don't give up too easily.) And eventually I did give up and let her have it her way with NO SINGING! I know I'm no Carrie Underwood but I'm not that bad of a singer.

3 comments:

Tricia said...

My kids will stop dancing if I start. Am I that uncool already?

Andi said...

It hurt my feelings when Paige did that to me. Actually she didn't shhh, she said, "mom, stop singing!". I made her at least say please before I would stop. :)

Now sometimes she'll say, "it's ok mom if you want to sing. I don't mind." It's always lovely to get permission from a 3-year old.

Jenny said...

Happy birthday a day late. How lame of me. But you were on my mind and I picked up the phone several times to call, and then . . . I hope you had a great day and I am sorry I wasn't there to celebrate with you!