Friday, July 18, 2008

Memory Game

I've seen this latest "blog game" on a couple of different blogs now and I've decided to play along...

Rules:
1. Leave a comment on my blog of a memory that you and I have had together (it doesn't matter if you know me a little or a lot, just anything that you remember).

2. Re-post these instructions on your blog. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you.

8 comments:

Tamsen said...

Thanks for the memory...I think we were we at Dan's apt. I remember that night very well because I was having an allergy attack and my eyes swelled shut. I also remember that we drank sparkling cider out of wine glasses and I thought that was pretty funny. It would be nice to meet you again (without the red, swollen eyes).

Tricia said...

I remember how we became email buddies when I was living in England and had just taken that first step into motherhood as you were about to also. That whole, new mom, starting a family, making a home, are you ever going to work again kind of adjustments. It seems funny looking back on it now how scary it seemed to me stepping into something that became such a natural part of who I am.

Jenny said...

So many memories to choose from. But of course I have to post a sleepover memory at your house. I remember how cool I thought it was that you had two bedrooms, yes I know, yours and a spare, but you used both. I remember playing board games in the peach bedroom, funny ones like Lavern and Shirley. I love thinking of spending time at your house as kids. That old house in St. Paul is still one of my favorites.

But I have to post another. I remember going out to dinner at Los Hermanos in Provo where Terry and I first met Bart. Yeah Bart!

In every stage of my life I have very clear and wonderful memories of you.

Holly said...

Even though I haven't known you very long, I always enjoy being around you because you have a good sense of humor and you tell it like it is. I'll share with you my first memory of you that goes all the way back to April when we came to the ward spaghetti dinner. I met you in the primary room. You introduced yourself by saying something like, "My name's Loni. Think of Loni Anderson, and then don't." I thought that was funny because I got the mental image of Loni Anderson and I never forgot your name even though I was introduced to at least 50 new people that weekend.

Andi said...

I thought it would be funnier to ask Tate... He said the first thing he remembers is your Minnesota accent (coming from someone who grew up in Pittsburgh it seems a bit hypocritcal?), especially teasing you for the way you said, "bag".

As for coming to our apartment and having ice cream, I'm don't remember. But, let's just pretend because it sure sounds good. :)

-Loni said...

Andi-
At first I thought I was mixing up my memories, but Bart remembers it too. He remembers we played some kind of a word game and it must have been with Dan and Tricia and Rob but I don't know if he was with Tamsen at that point.

Tricia do you remember that??

Tricia said...

I don't remember. I'll have to ask Dan. (Not that he'll remember, even if he was there.) :)

Megan Gunyan said...

I remember meeting you at a Christmas party at the Balsimo's. You were pregnant with Summer and I was pregnant with Claire. Since she was our first, I was counting down the days, minutes, hours. I asked how far along you were and you said "I don't know! I'm due in March sometime, does that help?" Ha! I couldn't believe you weren't marking off your calendar like I was, but after having a couple more kids....I totally get it.