Sunday, January 4, 2009

Bird sitting again

I'd like to introduce you all to Petrie.

We are bird sitting again for a few days and Petrie is a fun bird to watch. We let him out of his cage today and the girls just squeal with delight to see Petrie fly around the house (much to Petrie's dismay I'm sure.) The kids freak him out a little bit with their loud shrieks of joy and they are constantly in his face. He likes me though. He sings for me, kisses me and laughs at me. This evening when I sat down to read the scriptures he landed right on me. I laughed--he copied my laugh--I laughed again---Petrie laughed--the kids were all laughing--Bart was laughing--grandpa was laughing that the bird was copying my laugh--needless to say, it took us a while to get back into reverent mode for scripture reading.



Summer, Petrie and Grandpa

1 comment:

Diane said...

The bird story is hilarious Loni.
Your house is already looking gorgeous!