Monday, October 6, 2008

Sleeping Beauty, Petrie the bird and Grandpa?

I've been such a blog slacker lately. Sometimes I think I've got something really great, funny and fabulous to blog about and then when I get to my computer I think..."Oh, that's not so fantastic or all that funny. I'll wait for something else." What is my problem? I don't know! My posts don't have to be fantastic or funny each time right? I mean you'll all still be my blogging buddies if I'm not as funny or as thought-provoking as all of you right? OK. I can see my low-self esteem is creeping in so here goes a few random bits of our life since the last time I blogged.
Below is a cute pic I took of Summer the other day. I know, playing dress-up is sooo exhausting. Or is she just playing Sleeping Beauty? Hmmmm...

Here is a pic of my cutie-pie Ainsley after her 1/2 mile fun run (or should I say fun walk!) She did run some of it. And you probably can't tell but she now has BOTH front teeth missing. It fell out one day at school. And the tooth fairy (who was a male this time) accidently gave her, in my opinion, way too much money for it. Can you believe that male tooth-fairy didn't know that they make $1 coins?!?!? "It was dark" he says. "I thought they were quarters." Regardless, she looks soo cute toothless. I hope she smiled big for her school pictures!

Here is Kenz and Summer with Petrie the cockatiel that we were bird sitting. (Sorry to everyone that I told he was an African Grey--he's not.) Kenz is in love with this bird. I don't think the owners of the bird quite understand her enthusiasm with Petrie. I enjoyed hearing Petrie whoohoo me from time to time. Now that I'm in my mid-thirties I don't get that very often. It was fun having Petrie around. And thank goodness we didn't burn the poor bird when landed on the stove or drown him when he landed in the bathtub with the kids. Hopefully they will let us watch Petrie again.

Now, I've saved the best for last.... Dad, please don't get mad at me. It's really really funny!Grandpa?? Is that you??

5 comments:

Tanya said...

That's AWESOME! Your little princesses better watch out. Scary witch on the loose.

Nancy said...

I have no doubt that petrie loved it, you can see him smiling and letting your kids scratch his cute little head that I miss so much! I wish he could woohoo at me again!

Tamara said...

You did save the best for last! Your dad is such a good sport. Your girls are adorable too of course!

Stew Peterson said...

Grandpa has two comments:
1. Beauties and the Beast
2. You are all lucky that Loni
caught me on one of my better
days. Reality can be worse!

Holly said...

You can blog about whatever you want! Sometimes I think that too, like this is so not interesting to anyone but me, but then I go ahead and write it anyway.