Monday, September 7, 2009

Last minute decision...

We went to the State Fair today. We weren't planning on going but I just couldn't let another year go by without going. (We didn't go last year.) So we ditched the ward picnic and off we went. I'm pretty sure most non-Minnesotans wouldn't understand what the big deal is, but if you're from here or ever lived here then you understand why I just couldn't let 2 years go by with out going.

We started the day off with a horse show, then saw a 3rd Lair skate and bike show and lastly we saw a Lumberjack show. The funny thing is, is that they used a lot of the same jokes that were in the Hayward, WI Lumberjack show. So I guess if you've seen one Lumberjack show you've seen them all.

At the Hayward, WI show Kenzie really wanted a little wood chair that they made at the show. I didn't let her get one then, but they were making them again today and she had $10 burning a hole in her pocket that she could spend however she wanted so she got one this time.

We ate lots of yummy food, Ains and Summer also got to pick out some souveniers, and the kids got to ride a few rides at the end of the day. We were terrible parents and kept our kids out way too late the day before school starts. But we all had a really fun day. Here are a few fun pictures from our day.




3 comments:

Jason and Kerri Allen said...

Loni - What a fun trip to the fair. I wondered why we didn't see you at the picnic! I love the picture of the dairy farmer. Is that Bart? That is so funny.

Tanya said...

Wow, we really miss the fair. We'll have to plan our next trip to coincide with the fair.

Lisa said...

Oh, I miss the Great Minnesota Get Together. We haven't even been to the Utah State Fair, because after you've been to the MN one, what's the point? We do go to the County Fair, which is much, much, much smaller, but it's nice because it's so small. Glad you had fun!