Monday, March 29, 2010

Double header

As many of you know, Summer and Grandpa (my dad) share the same birthday. I think that is a really special connection they have with each other. The past few years we have combined their birthday parties. This year Summer wanted another Dora party with lots of friends and I decided to throw a surprise party for my dad. So, on Saturday we did this....










There were 9 kids there (including my own.) We colored Dora pictures, played Dora Bingo, Dora Dora Swiper (duck, duck, gray duck... or if your not from MN that would be duck, duck, goose), had a pinata, played pin the tail on the donkey and jumped in the jumpy house. It was a lot of fun. Summer has some wonderful friends and I'm glad they were able to share her special day with her.

THEN...on Sunday evening we invited a bunch of my dad's friends over that he hasn't been able to see in a really long time due to our lovely Minnesota winters and his broken leg. He was really surprised and had a wonderful time visiting with all of the people that came. He has some wonderful friends who love him and care deeply about him.

I only took one picture from that night this is my 3 girls with grandpa, my mom's cousin Therese, her husband Van, and Clara who is my great aunt so she is a great-great-aunt to my daughters.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD & SUMMER!!

1 comment:

Holly said...

Looks like the birthday parties were a great success!