Summer had a Tangled Rapunzel party for her 5th birthday. It was a little bit harder than I had expected because there isn't any Tangled birthday items in the stores yet. I had to buy some stuff on-line and get creative with the rest.
The party guests started out at the table working on some coloring and activity pages. I had found a Tangled word find, dot-to-dot, and 2 coloring pages on-line.
Summer used her Pascal doll she bought at DisneyWorld to play a round of Pass Pascal.
Then they played pin-the-frying-pan-on-Flynn Rider. Amber Stotts, our 18 year old resident artist in our ward, did such a great job making Flynn Rider for me.
Isn't he great?
Thanks Amber!
Tangled Bingo came next. I spent hours making those boards but kids love Bingo!
After that the kids made cute Pascal blowers with sticky craft foam paper, googly eyes, and a party blower for his tongue. I think they turned out cute.
Presents and cake came last. And thank goodness Target just got in their Tangled cake design because I was really sweating it trying to figure out how to make a Tangled cake.
All in all it was a really fun party.
Now Summer is 5!!
Whoa! My baby is 5!
She is such a joy and such a happy kid. She brings our family so many smiles and laughter. Her smile is really something else...her whole face lights up when she smiles.
===
Summer loves Tangled. She has all the dolls, the dress, and the tower. The girls love playing "Tangled" together. They have tied all of our winter scarves together and connected them onto a headband to create Rapunzel's 70 foot long hair. And they take turns wearing it throughout the day.
===
She also loves mixing her cereals. She likes to mix Apple Jacks, Fruit Loops and Frosted Cheerios together or she'll have a Cheerio trio mix of Strawberry yogurt, Frosted and Chocolate together. And she loves the new Cheerio Crunch cereal...all on it's own.
===
Summer loves being outside and playing with her sisters or friends. She is not usually shy and her favorite thing to do at church is give talks.
===
She has the cutest high pitched voice and her grammer is far from perfect. But it is unique and it's her own language. I'm going to have a hard time correcting her now as she is getting older. She says "yours" instead of "your." And she adds an -ed 0nto everything. Like "dided" for "did" and "buyded" instead of "bought."
===
I absolutely love spending time with her. She chats a lot and it is sometimes hard to stop her from talking. But she also does an excellent job of playing by herself. She loves puzzles and writes her name and all of our names really well. That girl is ready for Kindergarten. I'm excited to see her excel and continue to learn new things.
===
I love you Summer!

3 comments:
Ha! Ha! Ha! Pin the frying pan on Flynn - what a great idea! Sounds like a fun party - good job creative woman!
Super cute party Loni! You always have such fun ideas!
I'm catching up on blogs. Super cute party, I love the picture Amber did, what a great idea. I think I am the only one who hasn't seen Tangled yet.
Post a Comment