I just found out last night that someone else reserved the land that I want for our new house! And if they choose to build with Severson (the lot is owned by Severson) they obviously get it and not us. We chose to build with a different company but Severson was willing to sell the land to us if they had no one else wanting it. UGH! I'm so ANGRY! We'll find out in a week if they get it or not. All I can do now is pray that the best thing will happen for us. The only problem is I don't have a Plan B. I REALLY wanted that piece of land!
And then this morning my 5 year old (who will remain nameless, but you all know who it is) just put up the worst possible tantrum at the zoo. She pulled on me and hit me all the way out of the zoo. It was soooo embarrassing! But I followed through and I'm proud of myself for that. I told her if she didn't stop fussing we were going to leave the zoo--guess what she didn't stop. So we left. She just spent 40 minutes in the spider bathroom (oooh I'm so mean). That's where she goes to be separted from us if she can't handle being around us without hurting. And don't worry its not really infested with spiders it's really just a bathroom in the basement that once in a while has a spider in it. The remaining nameless 5 year old coined the phrase "spider bathroom" herself I guess because she's spent alot of time in there. I won't go into anymore gruesome details but to say that the 5 yr. old and I have talked about her behaivor and we have worked out some consequenses.
What I am wondering now is are these kinds of tantrums ever going to stop? Come to think of it my 7 year old still pulls a few too. And come to think of it, I kind of pulled one myself when I found out about the land. I guess it's a never ending battle.
14 years ago

4 comments:
I'm so sorry about the land Loni. I know how much you wanted it. As far as the tantrums, I think we're all doomed to deal with them FOREVER! Oh the joys of parenting.
Keep your head up. It will all work out. :)
My six year old still pitches fits. But, I totally think pitching a fit over that land is justified. So sorry!
I'm sorry to hear about the land. You were so excited for it and it sounded wonderful! Like you said though, it will work out. Someday you will look back on the land (however it turns out) and the tantrums and smile. And my 5 year old seems to be able to throw a bigger fit than my almost 3 year old. How talented 5 year olds are.
Is the land for sure gone or is there still a chance you could get it? Are you still thinking of living in Cobblestone?
Post a Comment