Saturday, August 23, 2008

FINALLY!


Ainsley finally lost her 3rd tooth! She lost her bottom two teeth about a year ago and I swear this tooth has been loose for almost as long! We tried pulling it out a couple of days ago and that did not go over too well. After much discussion, yelling, persuading, tears, screams and Bart getting kicked in the face we finally decided to let our overly dramatic child have it her way...let it fall out on its own. We were afraid she was going to swallow it and choke on it but it all worked out well in the end. Ainsley was just sitting at the table writing a letter and whoohoo her tooth just literally fell out. The tooth fairy came and now her other front tooth is wobbly too. And I think I (and especially Bart) have learned our lesson that pulling teeth is not easy!

3 comments:

Holly said...

Emma just lost her 7th tooth while we've been in Utah. Yet another example of how the same age kids can be so different. This also reminds me I really need to make dentist appointments!!!

Jake and Chelsea said...

congratulations to ainsley! you should ask my parents about trying to pull out my teeth...not a pretty picture...

we miss you guys!!

Melissa and Company said...

My Thayer is the tooth-losing machine! And, now, apparently, Carter Seguine is, too, but that's another story . . .Anyway, I vote for letting them lose it on their own, if possible. We've never had to pull one yet, and Thayer has lost about 5 so far, I think, in his short 6 years. Good luck with the future tooth experiences!!!