Catty the caterpillar is gone! And I have no idea where he is! Just after our other caterpillars turned into beautiful butterflies and flew off into the sunset (well it was the middle of the day) Kenzie found another monarch caterpillar at the Burrow's house. This one was just itty bitty--it must have just hatched. (Is that right? do they hatch?) Anyway. We raised it, went down to the pond almost every day to get it fresh milkweed, cleaned its poop out, watched it grow and get fatter and fatter. Well, today we showed him to a friend and left the bug hotel on the table instead of putting it back up on the kitchen window sill. Catty was really quite big and I think pretty close to cocooning himself. Time went by, my dad came over and looked in Catty's home and asked where he was. I informed him he was on the top. Nope, not there. What?????? We looked all over. I interrogated Summer on where he could possibly be. HA! Just try gettin information out of a 2 year old! Good Luck! First she told me she had picked him up and put him outside, then she told me she put him upstairs, then downstairs, then she said Aisey did it then it was Kenzie. AAUUGGHH! It's no use. Catty is gone. And I'm hoping Summer's first story is right because I do NOT want to wake up to a cocoon on my ceiling!
14 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment