O.K. So I still don't know how Catty escaped, I'm guessing the lid just wasn't on very tight (although Summer still looks a bit suspicious to me.) Regardless, I woke up this morning to this...
He/she was cocooning itself right there on my kitchen table!! I'm sorry bug and butterfly lovers, I just couldn't have that. Not at my kitchen table. I gently scraped him off into his bug hotel hoping he would just climb up and start his process over again but really I knew I had probably just killed the poor fella. I watched hopefully as he writhed and wriggled around unfortunately I think I was just watching him slowly die . After a few hours of him doing nothing but starting to stink I told Kenz to bring him outside. So yes, I killed a beautiful monarch caterpillar/butterfly but to look on the bright-side I may have just provided some hungry bird in the neighborhood a nice juicy lunch (if birds like rotting dieing caterpillars that is.)
14 years ago

2 comments:
I am so glad that you found the caterpillar and ME!! Thanks for posting on my blog. It was so great to run into Dan and Tricia so unexpectedly. He did tell me that he saw you, and then he showed me a picture of your girls. I said, "Oh my word! It's Loni in a stroller." Congratulations on your beautiful family!
Don't feel too bad about killing the caterpillar/butterfly (sorry insect lovers). I'm just glad you found it before some sat at the table and accidently put their hands under their table... that would've been a heart-stopper!
Post a Comment