Monday, September 14, 2009

Mom Homework

Now that we are back to school I seriously think I have more homework than the kids! I am now back into the nightly routine of checking the backpacks for papers that I need to sign or look at. I daily check the lunch menu to see if I need to make a lunch and check each of the girls' calendars to see what kind of shoes they should be wearing. And then comes the Friday folders filled with all kinds of homework for mom. There is the multiple get-to-know-you sheets, writing workshop idea sheets, and a plethora of cheer team, dance team, karate or school pride fliers to sift through. I read the newsletters and reminders from each of their teachers, newsletters from the phys-ed teacher, newsletter from the Spanish teachers, and newsletters from the principal. Lunch money to send, order forms to fill out, after school class sign-ups, volunteer sign-ups and lots fees to pay. And don't forget about those Scholastic Book Orders! C'mon folks, seriously...how many of those do I really need?

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Amen Sista!!!! I am still having issues with getting all this stuff straight and we are one month into school! I feel like if I'm not on the ball, I'm the reason why my kids will fail school! Sheesh!

Andi said...

Thanks for giving me another reason to be glad I don't have any kids in school... yet! :)