Wednesday, February 11, 2009

3572 153rd St. West

As excited as I am for the new house I've been having a heavy heart lately thinking about leaving this home. It's our very 1st home. It's the only home our girls remember. Ainsley was 2 when we moved here, Kenzie was only 6 month old and this is the only place Summer has ever lived.


Barton and I have put a lot of work into this home to beautify it. Bart put in a new front door, made a beautiful flower bed all along our front walkway. He landscaped the bushes and made a red windowbox.

He redid the kitchen and entry way floors and put in a new light over the kitchen table (refer to Before and After post.) In the backyard he made me a spot for my garden, a play area for the kids, made a shed, and restained the fence and arbor. And between the both of us we painted every room in the house.

I'm going to miss our vaulted ceilings and the open floor plan.

I'm going to miss dancing in the living room with the girls to really loud music.

I'm going to miss my neighbors and being so close to Ande and Mindy.

I'm going to miss being able to see down into the family room while the kids are playing.

I'm going to miss seeing each of the kids peeking through the railing at Bart and I downstairs after they've just snuck out of bed.

I'm going to miss Summer's cute room.

I'm going to miss Ainsley and Kenzie's room with the 3-stencil painting I did on their wall.

I'm going to miss all the fun the girls had with their bunk beds.

I'm going to miss being able to see the kids playing out back while I'm cooking dinner.

I'm going to miss hanging out in the hammock with the kids.

I'm going to miss walking to Purple Park.

It's going to be hard to leave this house. Not only for myself but because it'll be hard watching my kids miss our house too. They've already told me they are sad to leave and that makes me sad too.

I am anxious to make new memories in our new house. But I will miss our house.

5 comments:

Holly said...

That was so sweet Loni! I know EXACTLY how you feel. Even after being here I year, I still miss our old house sometimes.

Mindy said...

We are going to miss you, too! Even if sometimes going on walks with you was dangerous...
We'll come over to Cobble Stone and go for walks with you there!

Jenny said...

I can't believe you moved there when Ainsley was only 2! It seems like yesterday. I love this post. I have always had this weird attachment to houses and some of favorite memories growing up are at your parents' house. I seriously loved that house.

I will always miss our first house.

Diane said...

WOW, Bart is really a handyman. And the flowerbed is beautiful. I can only imagine what you will do with your new house!

Amott Family said...

We'll miss you! Don't forget us! Ever you ever want the 'small house feel' again, we'll be willing to switch at no cost to you!
:)
Ande