There is not much better (to me anyway) than a Minnesota Summer. One thing I love to do in the Summer is go exploring. And there are hundreds of places to explore around here. Over the Memorial Day weekend we drove just about 15 minutes away to Spring Lake Park Reserve (just on the way to Hastings.) They have a lot of little hiking trails through the woods and along the bluffs of the Mississippi. We went for a little hike along Scharr's Bluff that had beautiful views of the river.

Views from the bluffs.
After our hike we sat down and watched the sunset. It was beautiful!


Fun day!
After following a dirt trail for a long time we came across this cool stone bridge.
After our hike we sat down and watched the sunset. It was beautiful!
Fun day!

3 comments:
I LOVE MN summers too. I have never been to this park. It looks like it is going on the list of things to do this summer! What a great day.
Never been... but, it sure is beautiful!
Wow! I've missed a few blogs! I've had issues with mine (won't let me publish or save) so I haven't kept up on everybody else's. So here's my update: Happy Birthday!! I'm sorry I missed it, but it sounds like you had a yummy one! The house looks absolutely dreamy! Welcome to the world of no diaper bags - it's great! I really miss all the trees in MN. sigh.
Post a Comment