All 3 girls playing with polly pockets.
Me: Girls we need to go run some errands.
Girls: {Groans}
Me: Tell you what. I'll let you each bring 1 Polly along.
Girls: NO! Three!
Me: Two each....if I don't hear a single fuss out of anyone the entire time we're running errands.
Girls: Deal.
It worked! I got to the bank, back to Payless to redeem a coupon I forgot last time (saved $12.00!), Mills Fleet Farm for a return, Apple Valley Library, DMV (FINALLY got my address changed!), and to the Rosemount Library.
Is that good parenting or bad?
14 years ago

7 comments:
it worked, therefore it's genius! i bribe with suckers if it gets desperate.
Sounds like a deal to me! I can't wait until my kids are old enough to bargain with!
I thought this was going to be a post about Bart. But anyway, good parenting. You know they are not going to make it through all the errands, you have to do those errands, and you found a way to avoid potential problems.
Besides, they were just bringing along something that was already theirs. You were rewarding them for their good behavior. And it is not as though you went and bought them toys.
Good! Because you know what "their currency" is (Dr. Phil speak... not that I've watched for years, but still).
If this is bad parenting than I'm in big trouble!
I would call that excellent parenting, in part because that is what i do all the time. I got Brienna to finally potty train with the polly pocket bribe. Other than the tiny shoes, those are the greatest toys ever!
Good parenting. We bring toys everywhere and it makes life so much easier!
Post a Comment