Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Noodle legs


Even though Summer is 3 years old, she's still my baby. She's the last and the last one is always the baby. The older two girls had to do more things on their own sooner because I was always taking care of another baby. Well now, there is no other baby and I'm still doing many things for Summer that she should be doing by herself. I still get her dressed alot and I tend to carry her around alot. She's such a peanut that sometimes carrying her around is not that big of a deal, in fact, it's often quicker and easier.

However, sometimes she expects to be carried around when I just can't hold her for another second or my arms are full. The latter is what happend the other day. She wasn't accepting my "no I can't pick you up now" answer so I went into a long discourse of how if she doesn't use her muscles they will begin to atrophy and before long she will just have noodles for legs. So now, she is somewhat afraid of my carrying her around and she yells, "I don't want to have noodle legs!" and wriggles out of my arms. Which sometimes is great and other times is not so great because then she is loose and free to run around which ever store we happen to be in. Now I don't know which was better.

1 comment:

Sharon P said...

Wow! I loved the landscaping, great job on the wall Bart! It sure looks different than when we were there, now it's beautiful inside and out. We just put sod around our pond and are thrilled with the outcome, keep it watered. I have been so busy it has been a while since I was on your site, and I finally figured out how to post a comments today, Love,your computer challenged Mom (Sharon P)