Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Cabin

Last weekend we got out of the cities and went to Minong, WI. My sister's father-in-law has a cabin that we stayed at for 3 nights. We all had a great time just relaxing and being away from the hub-bub of home life. Here are some of the things we did....

We ate a picnic lunch on a beach, swam and made a sandcastle.


We went fishing off a dock on the Minong Flowage. Between all of us we caught close to 20 fish. 2 of them would have been keepers if we weren't doing catch and release. Summer did an excellent job at being the worm-girl. She kept us sufficiently supplied with plenty of fat juicy worms for our hooks.


We hung out at the cabin, played games and tried to canoe-but the river was too shallow. We also drove into Hayward, WI where they host the World Lumberjack Competitions and saw a fun lumberjack show.

What is it about getting away and into nature that is so rejuvinating?

3 comments:

Jessarella said...

I need a vacation like that! Looks so relaxing and peaceful.

email me at jessarella at gmail dot com so I can send you an invite to my other blog.

So fun to keep up with you and your cute family now. I am so glad we got in touch!

Tanya said...

Oh, jealous. I miss the midwest.

Sharon P said...

Your camping looked like a lot of fun and now we have some little fisherwomen in the family, Love, Mom (Sharon, Loni's mom)