Heard of Pregnancy Brain Drain? Well, I have End-of-Summer-Brain-Drain. Yesterday I went to Target did my weeks worth of shopping (and then some) got to the register and realized my wallet was still in my church bag. UGH! Then I thought...no problem I have my checkbook. Guess what? You need to show ID if it's over $100. And unfortunately I rarely ever get out of Target under $100 so I was stuck again. They let me run all my groceries through and suspended my transaction until I could come back and pay. They rolled my cart into the freezer and off I left to go get my wallet and come back again for my stuff.
In the meantime, I totally forgot that we were going to start Ains and Kenz on their piano lessons that day. So I completely spaced that until Ande (their piano teacher) calls and asks where I'm at. "Well, I'm just at Target AGAIN! Buying my groceries AGAIN!"
So if that wasn't embarrassing enough I told everyone today that I had my kids schools open house tonight. I get all the kids together, drive over there and the doors to the school are locked. "What?", I ask myself. I go home and realized the open house is tomorrow night. UGH!
Seriously, I need these kids back in school!
Is this a common mom phenomenom or is it just me?
14 years ago

2 comments:
Just today I went to Bed, Bath, Beyond and bought a bed skirt. Well, I did buy it but never took it out of the store. They asked if I wanted a bag, I said no, then walked out of the store (I did have a stroller to preoccupy myself). Not until I got home 3 hours later and saw the receipt did I think about it. I called the store and worked it out... but a total bummer to have to go back again!
What a bummer day! I definitely have had my share of those kinds of days. We start school Tues. I am looking forward to getting some of my brain back then too.
Post a Comment